What’s the Job?
TotallyMoney is looking for a talented front-end developer to join us on a permanent basis to help build, maintain, and take ownership of our live credit score products. The ideal candidate will have proven commercial experience developing SPAs with React, as well as mobile apps using React Native.
Our staff surveys show that we're committed to giving all employees autonomy so you can expect the freedom to prioritise your work. You'll be encouraged to maintain quality and be pushed past your own expectations. You'll be helping to build a fairer credit market so you’ll get to work on real products being used by real customers. You'll be given problems you can get stuck into. You'll use modern workflows and tooling. You'll also get the opportunity to work with AWS infrastructure and get to grips with a containerised cloud solution.
What’s the Environment?
We operate in small, cross-functional teams which are usually comprised of developers, designers and a product owner. We loosely follow Agile processes, with boards, stand-ups and stories etc., however we tend to release continually as opposed to in sprints. We follow good XP practices like TDD, BDD, integration testing, continuous integration and so on.
You’ll have a healthy interest in all kinds of tech, will want to release code every day, and be enthusiastic about adopting new technologies. We develop online tools to help customers find the best credit products available to them, and you’ll be contributing to that from your first day in the office.
In addition to your technical experience you’ll be methodical and analytical in your approach to work. You will want to go fast and will not fear responsibility or failure, have a strong desire to learn, develop every day, and to continue to try out new things. Perhaps the most satisfying thing for you is using your technical skills to make the business stronger.
- React.js, Flux, Redux, Reselect
- Mobile app development with React Native
- Writing tests with Mocha, Chai, Sinon, Enzyme & Jest
- Continuous Integration with CircleCI/Jenkins
- Semantic HTML5, CSS3 (Grid, Flexbox) pre/post-processors (LESS/SASS, PostCSS), CSS-in-JS (Styled Components), Responsive Web Design
- NPM/Yarn, Webpack, Gulp, ESLint
- Familiarity working with the command line
- Experience integrating with RESTful backend services
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Comfortable with version control systems such as Git
- Experience converting designs from Photoshop/Sketch into HTML/CSS
Nice to haves:
- AWS (EC2/Beanstalk/ECS), Heroku, Nginx, Docker
- Split testing, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Hotjar, Loggly
- Redux-saga, MobX, Flow/Typescript, Immutable.js
- Fastlane, Gradle, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Android SDK, Expo SDK
- Backend development experience, especially with .NET
- An interest in functional programming (especially using F#)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar
Obviously, this is a fairly big list, and it’s important to emphasise that we don’t expect you to tick all the boxes! This is mostly to give you a general idea of our environment and the types of technologies that we use; whatever you don’t know, you will be given the opportunity to learn.
What You’ll Get:
- Competitive salary, appropriate to your experience
- On-target bonus scheme
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, and the option to purchase extra)
- 2 CEO-discretionary days off at Christmas (paid)
- 2 days off per year (paid) for charity volunteering
- Access to healthy training budgets
- 2 annual company socials, plus a regular social calendar throughout the year
- Quarterly team socials
- Flexible working hours
- Vitality Health Insurance and reward scheme (inc. 50% off Virgin Active gyms)
- Perkbox membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free breakfast on Thursdays
- A well-stocked fridge, plus free fruit, biscuits, bagels, tea, coffee, squash, and more
- Football, badminton, and video games at lunchtimes
- Beers, wine, music, and table tennis on Friday afternoons
A Bit About Us
- We have the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up coupled with the stability and resources of an established business.
- We seek bright like-minded people who can make things change.
- FinTech scale-up based near Old Street’s Silicon Roundabout, positioned between Shoreditch’s cutting-edge start-ups and the City’s forward-looking financial institutions
- Champions of fairer and better consumer credit since 2007, driven by technology
- Soft searching and eligibility scoring pioneers, to help reduce customers’ risk of being rejected for credit
- Redefining how lenders help meet their customers’ needs
- Winners of Best Company To Work For at 2018’s Credit Awards
- 3 Star Best Companies accreditation for ‘extraordinary’ levels of staff engagement
- Number 52 in the Sunday Times Best 100 Small Companies to Work For 2019
- Twice winners of Best Free Credit Report Provider at the 2019 and 2018 Moneynet Personal Finance Awards
- Highest rated Free Credit Report service on Trustpilot
- Champions of diversity — of both people and ideas
- Signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter
- A team of almost 70 staff — and growing rapidly